Bangkok Floating Market Tour
Bangkok Floating Market Tour – A Half Day Tour by Easy Day Thailand Tours to Bangkok’s Damnoen Saduak floating market & the incredible Maeklong Train market.
- Private Guided Tour!
- Half Day Morning Tour!
- Bangkok’s Train Market!
- Explore Damnoen Saduak Floating Market by boat!
Price in Thai Baht per group: 1-2 adults 5,400 | Extra Person 2,000
Kids under 2 go free. Children 2- 12 years Thai Baht 1,500 per child.
Private Bangkok Sightseeing Tours include:
- Entrance Fees for listed Attractions.
- English speaking Easy Day Thailand Tour Guide.
- Transfers in licensed AC minivan or car from / to at Downtown Bangkok Hotels.
- Longtail Tour.
- Bangkok Tour Accident Insurance.
Bangkok Floating Market Tour Image Gallery
Bangkok Floating Market Tour – Sample Itinerary
Easy Day Thailand’s Bangkok Floating Market Tour is available all year around.
- 07:30 – Depart for Samut Songkram district, it’s take around one hour to southwest of Bangkok.
- 08:00 – Visit The Salt Fields. This area is the biggest producer of sea salt in Thailand!
- 08:30 – Visit Train Market AKA Maeklong Railway Market. This is a unique market that is held every day. The unique aspect is that many of the vendors have their goods placed directly on the rail tracks, so the action at the railway market begins several minutes before the train is due to pass through the market. As soon as the siren signals the arrival of the train, everything stops. Shoppers will hop off the tracks, and vendors will quickly pack their goods and prepare to close/retract their awnings from the train track as the train passes by! This process happens fairly quickly since the awning poles have wheels attached. Once the train is gone, its business as usual as if nothing happened and everything is back in place within a few seconds. For the locals, they are neither excited nor annoyed by this event since the market has been here long before the railway was setup in 1905.
- 09:00 – On the way to the floating market, stop at a local palm sugar plantation and witness the interesting traditional process of making sugar out of coconut flowers.
- 09:30 – Arrive at Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and enjoy a ride on a private long tail boat just for you. Before cruising through the actual market which although interesting is also quite busy and touristy, you will cruise by the authentic local village on the canal life where you can see the unique local houses and lifestyle. This is something that most other tours don’t do.
- Continue the cruise through the market, where you will find an explosion of colors with all the vendors selling all kinds of local fruits and other products on their small boats all over the canal.
- 12:00 – Transfer back to your Bangkok Hotel.
Above timing for the Floating Market Tour Itinerary is subject to local conditions, traffic & weather etc.